Early Years Training and Development
Dean Park Training offers bespoke training packages, CPD series and one-off training as full days, half days or twilight sessions to inspire, support and develop practice across all aspects of Early Years.
Training courses that we currently offer include:
• Reading ready – developing practitioners understanding of how children develop skills for reading, inspiring language rich environments.
• Schemas in the moment – Expanding on children’s schematic interests within in the moment planning.
• Supervision in Education settings using the 4×4 approach
• Insight into changes in EY policy and inspection – an overview for school settings on the revised inspection framework, focusing on effective EYFS provision within the context of school wide priorities
• Home from home – making the most of Enabling Environments to support children’s development. Taking elements of a variety of approaches to achieve an inspiring environment within a budget.
• Back to nature – a practical workshop to inspire settings in enriching outdoor play and inspiring children’s connection to nature
We also work with you to design a bespoke training package based around your needs and the strengths of your EY team to be delivered in our newly refurbished Gallery at Cooper Dean Pavilion, Dean Park.
Our lead trainer, Kelly Yates, has over 20 years’ experience of teaching, managing and training in the Early Years and Primary sectors. As a qualified teacher and Early Years Professional, Kelly has worked in local schools and Children Centres and became the Early Years Advisor for Bournemouth Borough Council. She has experience of leading and managing SEND services, EYFS moderation, assessment and data analysis for Early years and led quality improvement services.
Kelly is dedicated to providing development and support for EY settings and Foundation Stage units within schools. She has successfully delivered training on a wide range of subjects around Early Years and is currently the Nursery Manager and Director at Dean Park Day Nursery.