Early Years Training and Development
- Dean Park Training offers bespoke training packages, CPD series and one-off training as full days, half days or twilight sessions to inspire, support and develop practice across all aspects of Early Years. Our training can be delivered face to face in our training facility with restricted numbers to allow for social distancing or online via Teams. Please see the course information which will indicate if it is an online or face to face course.
Training courses that we currently offer include:
- Our Room to Grow series – pick and choose from a variety of workshops aimed at developing practitioners skills and practice
- Reading ready – developing practitioners understanding of how children develop skills for reading, inspiring language rich environments.
- Schemas in the moment – Expanding on children’s schematic interests within in the moment planning
- Supervision in Education settings using the 4×4 approach
- Insight into changes in EY policy and inspection – an overview for school settings on the revised inspection framework, focusing on effective EYFS provision within the context of school wide priorities
- Home from home – making the most of Enabling Environments to support children’s development. Taking elements of a variety of approaches to achieve an inspiring environment within a budget.
- Back to nature – a practical workshop to inspire settings in enriching outdoor play and inspiring children’s connection to nature
We also work with you to design a bespoke training package based around your needs and the strengths of your EY team to be delivered in our newly refurbished Gallery at Cooper Dean Pavilion, Dean Park, in your setting or online via Teams.
Our lead trainer, Kelly Yates, has over 20 years’ experience of teaching, managing and training in the Early Years and Primary sectors. As a qualified teacher and Early Years Professional, Kelly has worked in local schools and Children Centres and became the Early Years Advisor for Bournemouth Borough Council. She has experience of leading and managing SEND services, EYFS moderation, assessment and data analysis for Early years and led quality improvement services.
Kelly is dedicated to providing development and support for EY settings and Foundation Stage units within schools. She has successfully delivered training on a wide range of subjects around Early Years and is currently the Nursery Manager and Director at Dean Park Day Nursery.
Roxanne Gregory, from ChildC.A.R.E Learning and Development, has over 18 years experience in a variety of roles including managing settings, training and supporting practitioners within Early Years.
Roxanne has an Early Years Degree, Early Years Professional Status and has completed PTTLS teacher training. For the past seven years Roxanne has been working for a company supporting nurseries to provide high quality care and education, up skill practitioners, deliver First Aid training and get nurseries ready for their inspection with Ofsted. Working in partnership with Dean Park Training, Roxanne is now excited to be able to share her knowledge and skills with both new and experienced Early Years staff who want to develop their practice.